My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

3


Three names you go by:
1. Mrs. Writing Teacher (Yeah, that would be my fault. See, I didn’t emphasize my name to the first and second graders. I explained that we raise our hand when we want to speak to the teacher. SO to avoid hearing Mrs. Dautrich! Mrs. Dautrich! and having to manage that behavior, I explained that there was really no need to memorize my name - simply raise your hand when you want me. Harry Wong would have been so proud! Unfortunately, there is that pesky thing called the bell curve and there are students who, no matter WHAT brilliant management tool I propose, will call my name. And I still have to manage that behavior even though the procedure HAS been taught and re-taught and re-taught. (Take THAT Harry Wong!)

Editor’s Note: If you are a teacher - you are nodding your head in complete agreement with me with a “I hear ya, sista!” swirling in your brain. If you are NOT a teacher, you are wondering why you bothered to read all of this fluff and are thinking about unsubscribing to my blog.

2. HoneyBunches (Sparky calls me that often)

3. Mum/Mama (Mum is becauseSweet Pea went to Scotland and ever since then, I’ve been Mum. Mama is because Little L’s favorite book is Mama, Do You Love Me?)

Oh wait - so you didn’t want detailed information about each question? Fine!

Three physical things you like about yourself:
1. My eyes
2.My calves/ankles
3. My hands

Three physical things you don’t like about yourself:
1. My profile
2. My thighs
3. My upper arms

Three parts of your heritage:
1. Irish
2. Welsh
3. Scottish (There is some German in there but we don’t talk about that so much because Sparky is completely German and that dilutes the Irish in my kiddos so we don’t even mention it!)

Three things that scare you:
1. death
2. cancer
3. loud noises

Three of your everyday beauty essentials:
1. shower with Yardley of London Lavendar Body wash
2. moisturizer from Origins for face
3. mascara (waterproof from Clinique)

Three of your favorite musical artists: IMPOSSIBLE TO PICK THREE but today they would be...
1. Eagles, Don Henley to be exact
2. Chicago (so old school, so classic)
3. Amy Grant (reminds me of my days as a young mother)
I have to have a 4. Frank Sinatra (those were the days!) In fact, I would put Mr. Sinatra at the 2. spot and remove Chicago if I had to.

(It’s raining outside, just so you know! That is quite the event in the desert!) LOVE. The. RAIN!!!

Three of your favorite songs:
1. Moon River used to be my favorite but it’s losing the sparkle it once had. The melody used to slay me but now I can take it or leave it. (What did I just say?!?!?!) Lately I have enjoyed so much Amy - there is a song : EVERY ROAD

Every road that’s traveled
Leads to something new
And every road that’s narrow
Pushes us to choose
Now I’d be lying if I said
I had not tried to leave a time or two
But every road that leads me
Leads me back to you.

(I love you, Sparky)
2. Write a Song of Love (Earth, Wind & Fire)
3. Come Fly With Me (lame choice cause I CANNOT BE FORCED TO JUST CHOOSE THREE!!!!)
If I were to pull up itunes right now, I would never be able to just pick three!

Three things you want in a relationship:
1. Kindness
2. Love
3. Forgiveness

Three lies and truths in no particular order:
LIES:
1. You can be anything you want to be. (If you know the right person or have the right money, that MIGHT be true but otherwise...)
2. Live and let live. Some people have no right to live and cannot be rehabilitated (pedophiles, child molestors, etc.)
3. M & M’s DO melt in your hand.

TRUTH:
1. I have the best husband in the world. Sorry, gals.
2. I have the best daughters in the world. Sorry, other moms.
3. You cannot eat just one Lay’s Potato Chip (SOOO TRUE!)


Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeals to you:
1. eyes
2. hair
3. hands


Three of your favorite hobbies:
1. reading
2. writing
3. shopping

Three things you want to do really badly now:
1. I haven’t had a Starbucks in 4 days so that would be nice!
2. Win the lottery so Sparky and I can retire and garden, cook, and other stuff all day. (Oh yeah, and pay for a house for SweetPea and college for Little Lottie.)
3. start drinking more water - I’ve been hitting the diet soda a little too hard.


Three careers you’re considering/you’ve considered:
1. Considered: flight attendant
2. Joining the Navy (what the freak was I thinking?!?!?!)
3. trophy wife (to Sparky, of course)

Three places you want to go on vacation:
1. Paris
2. Ireland
3. Hawaii

Three kid’s names you like:
1. Catherine
2. Robin
3. Erin

Three things you want to do before you die:
1. See my grandchildren graduate
2. Visit Paris
3. build our dream cottage

Three ways that you are stereotypically a girl:
1. I cry for no reason every once in awhile
2. I scream when I see a bug or rodent
3. I like to have doors opened for me

Three ways that you are stereotypically a boy:
1. I am kind of straight to the point when I lead meetings
2. I like when others clean the toilet for me
3. I feel responsible for my family financiallly

Three celeb crushes:
1. Paul McCartney
2. Don Henley
3. Johnny Depp
(not in that order)

Three things you ate today...
1. a cup of tea
2. nothing else
3.I am about to eat a mini milano cookie (chocolate covered)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home