My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

MIA

i truly am missing in action because there is so much ACTION happening around here and I've been so busy catching up on EVERYTHING that the blog is at the bottom of the 1, 457 things to do on my to do list. But last night, at about 3 in the morning, I thought - wow... I miss writing on my blog! I miss posting pictures of my house or family.

As I said, this blog is for me and the family and I want to have memories when I am in Pokey Folks Retirment Home so this is the way to keep those memories.

So let's begin with last weekend. I still haven't uploaded the pics yet - hope to do that tonight. (Last night I fell asleep at 7 pm!!! I think I am fighting something but fight I wil!) Anywho -we took Little L to Disneyland for her Christmas present. That was what she wanted for a present and we already have annual passes. I also used some points I have for Hilton Honors and was able to get three free nights hotel! Now if only gas weren't $12.39 a gallon, this would have been a cheap present! ;-)

It was a good trip because we took her best friend along. Her best friend is able to keep up with her whereas we, her aging parents, are not. So they went off on their own, joining us for one special meal at the Blue Bayou restaurant. Other than that, Sparky and I were left to find out own happy place. And find our happy place we did!

The first day, being Thanksgiving, we split a turkey dinner at the Carnation Cafe. Darling little place, we ate outside on the terrace. Beautiful weather - not too hot, not too cold. Just perfect! Then we enjoyed some rides and the fireworks at night. The castle this year is unbelievably beautiful with the lights on it. I've never been so impressed with lights before but they really did it right. I can't wait to show you pictures of the castle at night!

The next day, we spent most of our time at California Adventure. Sparky rememebered that he doesn't like California Screamin' but he always goes on for me. I peel him off the ride and carry him on my shoulders for the next hour and then he is fine.

The final day - the third day - is always the toughest for me. Even though we didn't have to keep the pace of Little L and her friend, we were still having to stay until midnight so we could meet to go to the tram to go to the car to go to the hotel. Exhausting! The only thing that got me through those hours until midnight was getting a cup of hot tea and a cookie, boarding the Disneyland Express train, and riding on it around the park, snuggled up in Sparky's arms. We even fell asleep on the train one night! (Just for a minute or so)

So... as I was saying, on the third day, Sparky was a doll. We dropped the girls at Disneyland and headed to the BLOCK, an outdoor mall in Orange. It was a great break because there were not crowds! of people! and Happy! Music! and Singing! Characters! so we welcomed the break. We had a blast, sharing a slice of pizza, finding a store called Barney and something were we each found a pair of jeans for 10 bucks!, and walking slowly and NOT bumping into little people.

All in all, we enjoyed ourselves VERY much. We are just soooo glad to be in our home, sitting on the couch, looking at our beautiful living room all decorated for Christmas.

This weekend - we tackle the outside lights.

This evening it is raining and has been off and on all day! We are in HEAVEN! We are supposed to get rain all day tomorrow as well and I couldn't be more thrilled!!! So the outside lights will have to wait until Sunday when we are back to sunny and hot.

Pictures coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home