My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Friday, January 18, 2008

The Post That Has No Organization!

I am in Phoenix until Sunday. I was lucky enough to find a seminar I wanted to attend in Phx. and it gives me a great excuse to come visit my Sweet Pea and Mr. Sweat Pea. I drove up last night (and yes, I did bring my baby girl that burrito, bear down style from our beloved Sanchez!) and I did not get to sleep until 1 am. I was back up at 6 to shower and dress and drive across town to the seminar with Dr. Mary Howard. I went to one of her seminars about 7 years ago and she is the only person I have ever remembered as a speaker. She is just amazing! I took 25 pages of notes (Font size was only 14 so that should tell you how good it was!) on my laptop so what does that tell you? I was the only person in the room with a laptop - everyone else was trying to write notes and she encouraged that but I am a very fast typist so I took advantage of my laptop.

Anyway - the point of this post is to say that I have the greatest son-in-law!!!

SO I get home from the seminar (after using mapquest directions that took me all around Phx. to the Scholastic book fair warehouse where I spent a whopping $6.00 ( sooo disappointing) - and hit bad, bad traffic - and.. wow, do I have trouble staying on one topic tonight or what?!?!?!?

Where was I? Oh yes, traffic, three day weekend traffic on a Friday at rush hour traffic in that big bad city of Phx!!!! (I was white knuckled, holding tightly to that steering wheel!) Traffic... yes.. ok... I remember.... and I was hungry. So I know where the Arby's is near their house and stop for some onion petals. THEY DON'T HAVE THEM ON THE MENU ANYMORE. Man, was I unhappy. So I go to the Fry's - the only other place I know how to get to from their house - and I buy a frozen pizza. I get back to their house and I try to manage the keys in the locks when Mr. Sweet Pea comes to my rescue and opens the door for me.

Next, we talk about everything from politics and the economy, failing schools and HD tv while he helps me to figure out how to work their oven. The pizza finally is done and my sweet son gets it OUT of the oven to cool. I thank him and we continue to talk while he gets ready for his 12 hour shift (he works 4 days a week for 12 hour shifts PLUS picks up other 8 - 10 hour shifts at another hospital throughout the week - he is such a hard worker!)... where was I again? Oh yes, the pizza!

After the pizza has cooled, he cuts it and HANDS ME A PLATE WITH THE PIZZA. He then gets me a DIET DR PEPPER, icy cold from the fridge!!!!!!! Hello?!?!? I am the baby of my family and everyone knows the baby LOVES to be waited on. I just couldn't believe it! While I was eating, he emptied and reloaded the dishwasher while we were talking. He then took the leftover burrito out of the fridge to take to Mrs. Sweet Pea. Then he shut off the oven for me and turned on the tv and HANDED ME THE REMOTE CONTROL.

He then made sure I knew where Sweet Pea's phone number was in case I needed anything, hooked me up with the wireless internet, and showed me how to put the heat on should I get cold.

Can you imagine how wonderful he treats my princess if he is treating his mother-in-law like this????!!!!! It's the reason I sleep well at night even though she is 3 hours away from me.


I have no witty ending for this post. I just wanted the world to know that I am so blessed with a great son and I cannot wait to see my grandson who no doubt will learn these wonderful traits of kindness, love, and caring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home