My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Friday, July 21, 2006

T.G.I.F.


Sorry for the lack of originality but it's been a tough week. Back to school with students and learning over 400 names. And I taught procedures to 20 classes. The.Same.Talk.And.Practice.20.Times.

But today was better. Today the rotation began again and I actually got to teach. Loved it. Exhausting only because it's 107 and I am not drinking enough water. Note to self: drink more water.

Couple of cute things. I teach the students the names of the 6 Traits of Writing. I made up little signs to go with them. Keep in mind that I taught at this school, the same 6 Traits thing, 2 years ago. I saw the 1st graders I had and they are now 4th graders and they REMEMEBERED the signs! I was jumping up and down! But I digress. I was showing the signs to a group of 2nd graders. This little girl was using her pinky for a sign that uses your pointer finger. I explained to her where her pointer finger was but she didn't seem to get it. She flipped me off (not on purpose) doing the sign and I giggled for the next minute or so. It was so funny.

The other cute thing: also involves a cute 2nd grader. Her name was spelled Caiolin. I asked her how to say it. She says
"Key-lyn". I smile and say, thank you. Is that Irish? And she looked me square in the eye, this little 2nd grader and said, "No, it's Gaelic."

It's good to be back with the wee ones! (EXCEPT the 1st graders. I still don't like 1st grade!!!!) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home