My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Nice day for a white wedding...





Last night I had the honor of attending a friend's wedding. I have known this woman for 12 years. I was building a house that she had just had built. The realtor told me to ask her about her house - ask to see the layout. A stranger? Weird, but I needed to know what it looked like. I knocked on her door timidly and she welcomed me in like an long lost friend. We toured her home, we went outside to talk. Turns out I was working in the school district she had just been hired into. Her little girl was 3 at the time and running around with only underwear on and chocolate pudding smeared over half her face and torso. A neighbor walked by and mentioned something about how messy she was. My friend laughed it off and said, "That's what chocolate pudding and being 3 are all about!" I knew instantly I wanted to be her friend.

We have lived through laughs and heartaches. My Sweet Pea babysat for her two wonderful children. I was her son's fourth grade teacher and everytime I see him, he tells me I am STILL his favorite teacher. I can honestly say that HE was my favorite student! She has raised these two little ones into wonderful young adults - ALL on her own.

We have shared secrets and shoes, laughter and lattes, email jokes and exercise tips, dieting and donuts. We have encouraged each other and endured hard times together. She is truly a wonderful friend. Here are some photos of her wedding - September 28, 2006.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wishiwerebella said...

oh my god! She looks so beautiful!!! I't's so sad I couldn't be there. That dress is stunning!

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home