My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Glass House/ Kettle Black

It would seem that Ms. Natalie Cole has said the following...

“I don’t think she (Amy Winehouse) deserved it,” previous Grammy-winning singer Natalie Cole said. “I think she needs to get her life together first, and then get the awards later."

Ummm hmmm....

so I thought.... "hmmm, I remember Natalie being in rehab. Let me look that up."

I found this on Wikipedia:

"Her (Natalie Cole's) debut album in 1975, Inseparable, resulted in chart success with the single "This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)" (#1 R&B, #6 Pop). Her performance of the song won her a 1976 Grammy for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, a category that had heretofore been monopolized by Aretha Franklin. She also was awarded the Best New Artist Grammy of 1976.

Cole's career paused in the early 1980s as she dealt with the challenges of her severe drug problem. "


Ohhhh, so you mean that Natalie Cole was addicted during the late 70's when she won her grammy? And she didn't attend rehab until the early 1980's? Wow... Maybe Natalie should have not won that grammy cause she uhhhh, needed to get her life together first, and then get the awards.

Here's more!

"In 2000, Cole released an autobiography, Angel on My Shoulder, which described her battle with drugs during much of her life. In the book, Cole admitted to using LSD, heroin and crack cocaine. Cole said she began recreational drug use while attending the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. She also disclosed that she was arrested in Toronto, Canada for possession of heroin in 1975. (WAIT! SHE WON HER GRAMMY IN 1976!!! THAT MEANS she was JUST LIKE AMY WINEHOUSE!! ADDICTED AND WON A GRAMMY! THE VERY THING SHE IS TALKING DOWN ABOUT AMY FOR!)
Cole continued to spiral out of control - including one incident where she refused to evacuate a burning building, and another where her young son Robert nearly drowned in the family swimming pool while she and her first husband, the late Reverend Marvin Yancy, were on a drug binge.[5] She did eventually enter rehab in 1983.

Glass Houses, Natalie Cole. Glass Houses.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Dressler said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the Grammy's; it seems you have a lot to say.

Gosh, I didn't know you had such strong feelings about Natalie Cole! I wish you wouldn't hold back your thoughts. How do you REALLY feel!?!

Seriously - hope you enjoy/enjoyed your snow our your way. It keeps coming our way, pouring off the Great Lakes. I heard that we have had a total snowfall this year so far of 76 inches. Enough already!...

Hope all is well with your whole clan.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home