My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

C is for...

Christmas Crud...

I went home early from work sick. I can't remember the last time I did that. Well, actually, I do... it was about 10 years ago when I was teaching 4th grade. It was the last day before Christmas break and I was having a party with the class. My principal walked in and took one look at me and sent me home. She stayed with the class for the last hour. I will never forget her kindness!

Every Christmas, I get Christmas Crud. I guess it comes with the territory of working in a school. Some of my Christmas memories are of my young girls shopping and me in the parking lot of the Toys R Us, throwing up next to the car. Ah, the wonder of Christmas Eve!

Other times, we have gone to the ER on Christmas Eve night. And sometimes, I am just in bed, missing my favorite night of the year. There is something about your body just letting down when it knows it's safe too. I have to get through those last few weeks of Dec. at school and then BAM! it hits me like a mac truck.

This year, I don't have a classroom. I have a beautiful office with new, polished wood furniture that not one tiny child has touched with their hands that have just rubbed their noses. But...


Little L is working in 1st grade this year. Ahhhhh yes... and boy is she getting initiated! She has never been so sick as many times before. Sweet thing that she is , she is really sick with it and decided for old time's sake, to let me experience the joys of Christmas Crud.

The bad new is I have a fever and will have to miss work tomorrow. (I HAD to go in today to work on my list of 18 things on my to-do list and was able to get through 9 of them by 12:30 pm and come home) The good news is I probably won't be sick for the actual Christmas now that I am getting it out of the way early!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home