My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Power of Words


I get this little food magazine from Kraft. I actually get great ideas for dinners, etc. out of it, although all of it is using prepared and packaged foods. But let's be real - sometimes that is all you have time for when you are working full time, maintaining a house, and your grandson lives 3 hours away because his mother abandoned the family and moved to Phoenix. simply because she married a man who happened to also live in Phoenix. Whatever.

Anyway, I digress. The point is, the foods, as I have mentioned, are completely just prepared foods put together, and given a really cool name.

For example - Creamy mediterranean Bites. Doesn't that sound delicious and time consuming?

Yeah - it's cream cheese on a Ritz cracker with an olive plopped on top.

But all day long now I have been craving these "creamy mediterranean bites" like mad. So it got me thinking.

Everyone knows I don't cook. And when I do cook, I don't cook well. And when I don't cook well, I am also very unimaginative. So I am going to re-name my few meals that I can make and see if they go over a little better at the dinner table in front of the tv.

Menu for the Week:

Monday - *angel hair strands of thinly slice dough with a smooth, ruby sauce. Tender shoots of emerald green elliptic leaves in a creamy, rich bath.

(* Spaghetti with sauce, salad with ranch dressing. )


Tuesday - *edible grain in crescent shapes, brimming with ground sirloin and fresh shredded cheddar

( * tacos )

Wednesday - *tender, freshly roasted on rotisserie, poultry with just a hint of citrus, sprinkled with herbs & pommes frites, bursting with steam

( *I'm picking up a chicken from the store and some of those thick french fries from the deli counter )

Thursday - *Four mini burgers topped with applewood smoked bacon, American cheese, sautéed onions and Ranch dressing on sesame seed buns. Served with crispy onion strings and jalapeño-ranch dressing.

(*I've called Sparky at work and asked him to pick up some take-out from Chili's. )

Friday - *Something expedient and hot that will be eaten in a small, cozy space. I GOTTA GO TO THE STATE CAPITOL!!!

(* McDonald's eaten in the car because my daughter abandoned her family to go marry some guy in Phoenix!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home