My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I don't get it...

I don't get all the hulabaloo over Miss USA and her remarks.

First, did anyone notice the some of the other questions?

How did you get your nickname, Daddy Long Legs?

Such substance!

But I don't get why she can't state her opinion about gay marriage.

I heard it's because she is supposed to represent us... us being America? or women? or ?

Well , when my body, and my friends bodies, and the majority of people I see in America look like this:




Then I will say that Miss USA is a representation of US and shouldn't give her personal opinion about gay marriage.

And on another note, I hate that the media says she hates gays, she simply stated her personal belief about gay marriage. Get a grip, Perez.

She displayed the perfect representation of America - she used freedom of speech and thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Well said!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For me, the hullabaloo is that she incorrectly said we have a choice in this country- gay marriage or opposite [sic] marriage. Which, no, we don't have a choice since gay marriage is not allowed in most places.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Indigo Robe said...

That is not what the media made a big deal about. I agree that she was incorrect on that point. However, the media chose to focus on her opinion that marriage should be between a man and a woman, not the fact that she was confused and thought people actually had a choice, which is not accurate.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home