My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sparky -- Just Say NO!


Sparky has been spending time lately with a petite little thing. She seduces him with her white, silky, smooth body encased in a dark, velvet coat. And she is NOT cheap! It started innocently enough. He left the house one day to pick up a few items for me. He met her in the frozen food isle. I can't blame him. It was over 110 degrees in the desert heat and here was this soothing, cool -- cold even -- luscious treat just calling to him. I am sure had I been with him, he would have thought twice before being seduced by this siren but the voice of reason (that would be me) was not there with him. He fell. And he fell hard. Before long, he was bringing her home every night. He enticed me to try and see it from his point of view. He offered to share! Tonight, he even called me on his way home from work and asked if he could pick her up yet AGAIN! How can I say no to my Sparky?! I admit it... I indulge him.

But at $5.00 a pop, this madness has GOT to end! We are spending $35.00 a week JUST on these stupid little DIBS! And it's been about 3 weeks!!! That's... umm... a lot of money! (I REFUSE to do math after 5:00 p.m.) My only hope is that the heat in the desert starts to temper itself around the end of October. That's 3 more months. That's $140.00 x 3. (Again, you do the math.) The other golden ticket might be the contest they are running. I can win him a year's supply of DIBS with a picture. I've got my camera ready and my thinking cap on. I am gonna get me some free DIBS! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Wishiwerebella said...

Donnie says you should take a picture of dad surrounded by empty dibs containers and holding a dib with the caption "The first step is admiting you have a problem."

HAHAHA!! We love you guys! It's SO funny! I just got a coupon and asked him if I could pick some up and told him about your lttle addiction, and then you post! Hilarious!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Indigo Robe said...

Oh my god, that is perfect!!! THAT is what I am going to do! Now... if anyone reads this and STEALS this idea... I am suing you for a TWO year supply because I stole it first!!! :)

I love you guys!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home