My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ssshhhh! Don't tell...



Is it sick that I am actually not at all upset about teaching a week of intersession? I am making really good money but that is not it - I have had a blast planning. I am teaching math and reading. I LOVE teaching writing, I can't imagine teaching all the subjects anymore but I am actually looking forward to teaching something different. I only have 6 students and compared to last March when I taught 27 math objectives (HAHAHAHA) I only have 4 math objectives and 3 reading objectives. CAKE WALK!!! And the math objectives are ones that I excelled in teaching when I taught 4th grade. I wrote poems to help the students remember the names of the triangles (scalene, isosceles, and equilateral).


Anywho... it's going to be a great week! These little guys are smart - they just were given a stupid test. I was looking over the formatives and there are typos galore (HOW?! WHY?!?!) and it's really an intelligence test - NOT the content knowledge test that it is supposed to be!!! They literally trick them, the questions are written poorly, and they are not developmentally appropriate. So I just need to teach them that they are smarter than the test. We'll work on strategies that they can use when faced with such idiotic tests. They know the content - I know these little ones. I love my craft!

On another note - we just got back from Phx. a little while ago. Sweet Pea is doing wonderful and her wonderful hubby, Mr. Sweet Pea is taking really good care of her. It was good to just sit around and talk and hug when we needed one. Sparky planted a snail's vine right outside her kitchen window so she has something beautiful to look at while doing dishes.

I'm rambling, aren't I? Goodnight, Gracie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home