My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Creating Activists







Today was the annual egg drop at our school. I had 5th grade for about 30 minutes before we were going outside to watch the 3rd graders have their eggs thrown off the roof.




I thought it would be fun to have the 5th graders make posters supporting the egg drop.





But really, how does one support an egg drop?

Go eggs? Don't break?





So I decided that the world is sorely missing those people who are not afraid to stand up for something, even if it goes against the wind of tradition. I explained what a silent protest is and told the students to come up with posters that were respectfully against the egg drop that was about to take place.








These 5th graders were SOOOOO creative! I am buying them popsicles next week as a treat as long as no one protests the treatment of popsicle sticks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Hi there! I just discovered your comment on my blog last night. And here I sit, the morning of my big shows reading your blog!! I'll be back. I have things to do and places to go! I have enjoyed reading here.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home