My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Little L has a birthday and advice on getting well....

Little L had a VERY important birthday this week - 18!!!!! WHERE did the time go? I will post photos later. WE had a wonderful time in Phx. with Sweet Pea.

In the meantime, my darling husband, generous being that he is, shared his FLU/COLD/COUGH/MOAN/CAN'T BREATHE crap with me. I've been soooo sick. Although our coughs remain, we are beginning to feel human again.

In the meantime, I had to go to work on Friday, sick or not. Teachers don't get the luxury of always calling in sick. There were no subs available so I showered, threw on some clothes and pulled my hair in a ponytail and called it ok.

It was pretty bad. I don't sit to teach. However, on Friday I sat at my desk. And I asked the kids to write me advice on how to get better quickly.

Keep in mind, these are the "best of" from my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th graders!

Here are the highlights:

~Take a chill pill.

~Get lots and lots of rest so you feel better... and look better.

~Play some video games (just joking!) <-- the kid's exact writing!!! ((Hey! These kids must not think I am fly!))

~Have some toast. It will suck up all that disgusting stuff in your stomach.

~Stay away from kids.

~Be careful outside. Be very careful. ((???!!!))

~Try to take calf medication.

~Go to CVS cuz it's cheep. It's not cheeting.

~Smile to block your gagging reflexes.

~Take a very enormous nap.

~Take "my advil"

~Get breakfast in bed - includes eggs, bacon, pancakes, french toast, sausage, toast, strawberries,milk, and burritos.

~Suck mints - green or red.

~Have some food that's not crunchy.

~Eat hellthy food.

~Make a fire and put some ocotillo leaves in because it kills viruses.

~Take naps during work.

~Ask your doctor which flu medication is right for you. ((This child obviously watches too much tv!!!))

~Be on house arrest.

~Buy a big screen tv.


These last two are just classics:

~If you see a light never go near it.Don't walk towards it, go the opposite way.

~Don't go to school, get a sub but we will sure miss you laughing. You were a great teacher.


Don't write me off just yet, kid!
Before and after pictures of me to follow...

1 Comments:

Blogger Wishiwerebella said...

ROFL!!!

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home