My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Heatstroke and 5 things...

I should write about Sparky almost having heat stroke or a heart attack this morning. We were outside getting rid of the weeds which happen every monsoon season. I was sitting on a blanket, under a tree, casually cutting the weeds. Crazy husband was standing, in the sun, using the weed thingy like a mad man. I mentioned that maybe he should slow down and get some water. He dropped the weed thingy and went inside. Usually reappears. This time he did not. I got a sick feeling in my tummy and ran into the house to find him lying in bed, sweat pouring off of his body, white as a ghost, heart beating and shaking. He is the kind of person who will NOT tell me he is sick. Turns out he was on the floor before he finally made it to the bed. He remained in bed the rest of the day. Unlike him.

So I take Little L and her friends to the movies alone (and stopped at my fav. stores, I am soo bad) and then I asked her friends who does their weeds? And they all answer their brothers... and Little L says to notice the pattern - it's not a 50 year old man!

When we got home, there was a flyer on the door for a weed service. Guess who I am calling tomorrow? I kinda would rather pay someone to do the weeds so I can continue to have Sparky around.

And now... here are 5 things...

"What were you doing 10 years ago?"


I was teaching Kindergarten at the same district I still work for.

"What were you doing 1 year ago?"

I was enjoying my summer, going to San Diego, Vegas and Georgia (the summer of travel!)

"Five snacks you enjoy:"

1. Hershey’s chocolate bar with almonds. I mean - Apples! yes, healthy delicious green apples!

2. My homemade “cowboy caviar” (really awesome salsa with white pinto beans, fresh cilantro, white sweet corn, onions, garlic, lime, salt, vinegar and fresh chopped tomatoes) and baked tortilla chips. (Scoops are the best!)

3. Rasinettes

4. goldfish crackers (fresh ones, I had some stale ones the other day, not so good)

5. cashews

"Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:"

1. Retire!

2. Invest! (So we can share with the kids!)

3. Build our dream cottage.

4. Pay someone to clean my little dream cottage and weed the garden.

5. Travel


"Five bad habits:"

1. Skipping breakfast - lately I’ve been trying to at least eat a banana.

2. Not backing down to aggressive drivers.

3. Spending too much at Home Goods, Ross, and such...

4. Drinking too much diet soda.

5. Using excuses for not exercising.


"Five things you like doing:"

1. Spending time with my family. We laugh ALL the time when we are together.

2. Writing

3. Taking pictures

4. Walking with Sparky at the beach.

5. Getting a european facial at Gadabout.

"Five things you would never wear again:"

1. Short, Mrs. Brady hair.

2. Laura Petrie pants.

3. fake, cheap earrings. (I just had this discussion last night. When I hit 40 I decided that I had spent enough money over the years on fake earrings that I could have just bought a beautiful pair of diamond earrings. So I went out and bought a small white gold hoop (very small)with baguette cut diamonds. The next year I went and bought a 1/4 t.w. in yellow gold pair of studs. They were immediately too small. (I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO MY BIG SIS CONNIE WHO WARNED ME OF THIS PHENOMENON!) So I took them back and got the 1/4 c.t.w. for each ear. (They are still too small) But I only wear these two pairs of earrings and I have not spent another penny of fake earrings since then! In the long run, I have saved money. There is something about feeling I’ve earned the right to wear a nice pair of earrings since I am a woman in my 40’s.

4. Those dresses with the puffy sleeves, I think I had a Gunny Sak (spelling?) that was pink and white and oh so adorable when I was 20.

5. Shoulder pads!!!

"Five favorite toys:"

1. Camera

2. Computer

3. Fancy pens, especially ones with magnificent colors and if it’s a sparkly color, I am in HEAVEN. (Love my sparkly gel pens!)

4. Journals. I have a million. Although I don’t actually write in them all the time, I usually write quotes, doodles, lists, etc.

5. our new flat screen tv.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home