My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome to Indigo Robe...

There is no more moronfamily.blogspot. The new title is explained on the left side of the blog. Please read it.

I changed it for those reasons and also, because I could never win those giveaways on the decorating blogs. I guess when you have a blog named Sunshine and Rainbows in the Bunny Field of Happiness Cottage, announcing MORONFAMILY as the winner, doesn't look good. :-)

So.....

A BIG, Huge, Enormous, Gigantic, Infinite hug and thank you to my darling, Little L. She took my vision and made it reality. She spent all of New Year's Day redesigning this skin for the blog. She did it with a sweet personality, the patience of Job's daughter, and the skill of a fine webmistress.

The word for the year, as you know from the previous post, is LOVE. Does it mean I will not rant and rave? No. Does it mean I will not air my frustrations at the world? No. Does it mean I will try to be more loving, kind, and patient so that my rants and raves are less? Yes.

Little L showed LOVE in action today. Thank you, Little L. I love you!

Now some business:

Please do not copy images without my permission.*** All photos taken here, unless otherwise noted (and credit given to!!!) are my own personal photos. I love taking pictures and sharing them with you on the web. Didn't Little L do a fine job on the photos on the welcome page?!

***And Little L knows crazy redirecting tricks if you steal images. All I know how to do is send rattlesnakes and scorpions to your house, with LOVE, of course.

:-)

And lastly, I need to thank a good friend of mine - she is a fellow teacher (she teaches art). We had some conversations about my being restless here in the desert. Sparky and I have toyed with moving back east, missing weather, cooler climate, family, etc. One day while I was whining again about living here she said something very profound.

"You have always lived here with one foot out the door."

It hit me like a ton of bricks. All of the restlessness, the "not settled" feelings I had were all the result of my own view of living here. Instead of embracing it, blooming here, truly enjoying the beauty of the desert, I was busy thinking about where our next move might take us. She was excactly right. I have always lived here with one foot out the door.

No more. I am going to embrace or rather LOVE the desert.
(Now let's see how long this attitude lasts when it's 114 again in July!!!! haha!)

Perhaps I can share my love of the desert with you, my family and friends, through my photos and stories. It's time for me to plant both feet firmly in the sand.



-M

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen L said...

I stole MORONFAMILY and turned it into Moronindividual. Mwuhahahaha!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Indigo Robe said...

This is Little L and I will change it from anon posting right now, because mom is holding heavy objects over my head and threatning to drop them any minute.

:-D

5:23 PM  
Blogger Indigo Robe said...

THIS IS A TEST LOL

5:25 PM  
Blogger Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Margie, got your note! Hey, it's hard to read your blog with the background the way it is. I hope you'll change that so we can all see the writing. Too much blue on blue. I had to highlight it with the mouse to make out the words.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing your office redo pics! Happy New Year to you & your family. Glad you changed the name, I think this one is better! :)

Rhoda

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jen L said...

My intro post wasn't aimed at you, to be honest. I assumed you would eventually switch it if I bugged ya enough. :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Jen L said...

Oh, oh, oh! The comment was aimed at the other Ps and an O, though!!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, very pretty banner and much better blog name!

Manuela

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home