My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Hero...

Sparky arrived on a white stead with his cape flowing behind him.

Actually he came in his silver Saturn and a polo shirt but I swear that man makes my heart leap every time I see him. What a man. He unloaded the car, handed me a beautiful pink hyacinth, a potted Shamrock, some fresh daffodils for me and some for Sweet Pea, and a huge bag of trail mix. He knows I won't eat properly when I am busy taking care of the family. God. I.Love.Him!

Little L is also a hero. She came in and started cleaning, getting water for everyone, emptying a load of laundry, and a million other things. Sparky made us all back away from our constant cooing over the baby whle he rocked his grandson in his arms for over an hour. I had nothing to do for the first time in a week. So I focused on my darling Sweet Pea. She did NOT have to spend the night in the hospital - they released her at about 10 pm. We got her home to bed and set up for pumping although we cannot feed it to the baby until 24 hours after the surgery. She is in some pain and is tired but doing well. I hold Andrew up to her when he feeds or is awake so he can look at his mommy's beautiful face. She misses holding him but it won't be long!

This afternoon, I crashed. I was up with the baby, as was Sparky, since we really want Sweet Pea to get all the rest she can. For some reason, I needed a nap today. I don't nap at all - ever - during the day. But I think just knowing I have help now just let me release and get some much needed extra rest. THANK YOU, Sparky and Little L!

We hit the grocery store this afternoon, the pharmacy and Arby's. Sweet Pea is enjoying a Percocet nap, and we are getting ready to chow down on some pizza from NYPD.

It's going to be very hard to watch Sparky leave tomorrow. Little L is here to help me and I appreciate that so much. Sparky, however, eases my mind and spirit just with his presence. But I am where I need to be - where I want to be. Nothing gives me greater joy than to care for my family and the added bonus is the bond that Baby Roo and I are forming.

Enough mushy!

Bring on some Andrew photos! Here he is with his mommy a few days ago...





2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can Sharon hold the baby in the football position, with pillows all around, on the opposite side from the surgery?

It's crazy that she is home already. Hospitals are whack!

Jen L

10:01 PM  
Blogger Indigo Robe said...

Hi Dear Jen,

I replied back to this comment on your blog.
Thank you for all of your comments. You have been so helpful! The football hold worked perfectly!

Love you!

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home