My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Off For The Summer... or rather 6 weeks.

So I've had a bazillion things happen since my last entry.
Nutshell version:

Saw Baby Roo many times! :-)

My sissy came to visit and we had a great time playing SEQUENCE, (had to go out and buy one for us!) and visiting baby Roo and eating yummy crockpot pot roast. VISIT WAS TOO SHORT.

Sweet Pea and Mr. Sweet Pea's car was almost stolen today. They were at the mall and parked when apparently Mr. Hugo Garcia decided to try to jimmy the locks with that long metal thingy. FORTUNATELY there were undercover police around! HOW COOL IS THAT?!! They caught the guy and left Sweet Pea and Mr. Sweet Pea a note to call the Glendale Police Dept. KUDDOS to them! YES!!!! How incredibly is that!?

And finally - I have a new job! A new school, too! Same district. I have been chasing this job for about 6 years. I was never in the right time at the right place. I had finally released it into the universe. In fact, I was offered a different job on Wed. before school ended and turned it down. Because I turned it down, THIS job became available! It's all tooooo wonderful! I am sooo excited! I will be working with teachers on instructional strategies and assessment of students. More to come...

IN the meantime, I am on summer vacay and have tons of excitement to have time off. I spent yesterday from 9 am to 6 pm cleaning up my old room, packing, and moving things. I am no longer going to be in a classroom so I asked for advice on what to do with my "stuff" and got some great advice. Why keep it in a box? Let someone else use it. By the time I would even think about MAYBE, SLIGHTLY considering going back to the classroom, the "stuff" would be out of date. You always want the new "stuff!" so I left it for the other teachers. It was SO FREEING!!! I allowed myself 6 rubbermaid bins. That is NOTHING compared to what I used to haul around every time I changed classrooms or schools! I love not having all that "stuff" anymore!!!

Now if I can stay out of Home Goods, maybe I can free up myself from my HOME possessions! :-)

Cute baby photos coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home