My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Broken Wing


This is my latest purchase. I found her while looking for a small lamp for my computer desk. She was sitting on a shelf, covered in this gorgeous patina. It wasn't until I picked her up that I realized her wing was broken. It didn't matter, she was just too pretty to leave sitting on a shelf in the store and needed to sit on a shelf in my house! I couldn't find a price tag so I just took her to the register. They had to look up the price and imagine my delight and surprise when they came back and rang up $.99. Uhuh.... my little broken winged angel was less than a buck.

I could get all religious and talk about how we throw or give away that which seems to have outlived its usefullness. I could be meditative and discuss how I sometimes feel like the angel with the broken wing and hope that others still sees my worth. I could be new age and talk about previous lives and the patina that seems to overlay our present lives. But instead I will let this angel speak to you in your own way (the way she spoke to me in the store).

...1 broken winged angel : 99 cents
...Being reminded that the unexpected find can add value and meaning to our lives: priceless

2 Comments:

Blogger Wishiwerebella said...

Mother, I found your latest post to be spiritual and contemplative in all sorts of wonderful ways... and then the end cracked me up! ;-) Have a good day! I am about to start my first day of work!!!

Love you!
;-)
<3

Sweet Pea

6:16 AM  
Blogger Archeron said...

I am reminded of a Mr. Mister lyric from waaaaaay back in the irrelevant 80's......

So take these broken wings and learn to fly again
learn to live so free and when we hear the voices sing
the book of love will open up and let us in

Take these broken wings you've got to learn to fly
learn to lift and love so free
and when we hear the voices sing the book of love will open
up for us and let us in

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home