My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Mum likes reading, decorating, shopping with the girls, and Starbucks. She also feels funny writing in the 3rd person. Papa (also known as Sparky) is currently looking at me with a blank stare having asked him to add something about himself to the blog. (Now he wants to say something) The only thing he loves more in life than music and Coke is his wife and kids. (Awww...) :) Little Lotte is a genius on the computer and makes me fall over laughing every day with her quick wit. She loves computers and animals. Sweet Pea abandoned her family and moved to Phoenix for work and is now married as of 2/28/06. She is beautiful and smart and the most nurturing person I know. She gave me the greatest gift ever when she made me a grandmother. I am the proud Mum Mum to Andrew Christopher. There are no words to describe the joy of having a grandson!

Monday, November 07, 2005

Light and Fluffy


Ok, so I am not discussing politics, religion, global warming, lack of retirment benefits, or anything else of substance. My blog just is what it is. And with that disclaimer, shall we?

I just came back from a home visit to one of my student's homes. It was fun. We had a lovely visit and I loved the house. She had yellow walls and black frames and primitive quilts, etc. It was warm and homey. Then we went across the street to visit a neighbor and she had this even more incredibly beautiful home, filled with country (NOT THE GEESE COUNTRY - the black wrought iron stars and candles - country) and it made me feel like I was in colonial Pa. It was STUNNING to say the least.

Then I got home and said -- hhmmm, what is wrong with my house? WHY doesn't it look that way? I think I figured out several things.

#1 - I have little things but I need one large thing or two large things for impact/statement.
#2 - I DON'T really know my style. One day it's toile and french country and the next I want that Pa. home feel. THAT is the biggest problem because the two styles don't really blend, or do they? Chapmancottage.com seems to have made a nice blend of french country with casual country. I dunno.....
#3 - I work full time. If I were home all day maybe I could devote more time to decorating and planning and putting things where I want them. So I need to go easy on myself and just say hey, as long as I like it, that is the point. Right?

We had so much fun talking about stitching though and now I am inspired. This weekend I plan to go to Michael's and buy muslin, thread, and a needle and make something. I used to cross stitch but I was too busy raising the girls to sit and do that. NOW that I have little more time since Sweet Pea abandoned , er I mean left home for her own life, I can do some stuff. But now? I am blind - OLD! Can't see! So let's see how this stitching thing goes......

1 Comments:

Blogger Wishiwerebella said...

I absolutely LOVE that picture!!! hehehe

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home